The Leader In Me Framework
The Leader In Me- Stephen Covey
1. Be Proactive – Students are taught how to take initiative and personal responsibility in conjunction with their learning.
2. Begin with the End in Mind – Children are encouraged to set goals and develop a plan based on established priorities and values.
3. Put First Things First – Students prioritize in order to be productive and manage choices.
4. Think Win-Win – Students work together to find solutions
that value everyone’s feelings and opinions.
5. Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood – Classroom
environments provide students the opportunity to express their
appreciations and concerns while fostering listening skills and mutual
6. Synergize – Students learn to value diverse perspectives while working together to create successful outcomes and solutions.
7. Sharpen the Saw – Students
learn that a balanced life is achieved by focusing on all aspects of
themselves: physical, socio-emotional and intellectual.
child has unique gifts and innate leadership qualities which, when
recognized and nurtured, can unlock a child’s true leadership potential.
The adoption of Stephen Covey’s The Leader in Me program as the
framework for our core curriculum reinforces the OCLM philosophy that
every child is important and has something of worth to contribute.
Learn more about Dr Covey’s The Leader in Me program, developed to bring the 7 Habits to school-age children at www.theleaderinme.org