Koontz Belief Statements
1. Motivated students who
conduct themselves with integrity in a rigorous academic environment
will experience a higher degree of success. (Be Proactive)
2. Students who set SMART goals will continue to improve in a data-driven society. (Begin with the End in Mind)
SMART--Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-sensitive
3. Successful students are disciplined, organized, and dedicated to learning. (Put First Things First)
4 Students who work toward mutual success promote unity within the school community. (Think Win-Win)
Effective communication requires empathy, understanding, and respect
for diverse views. (Seek First to Understand, then to be Understood)
6. Students achieve when they work together and value the strengths of others. (Synergize)
7. Students who foster social, emotional, physical and cognitive well-being are effective learners. (Sharpen the Saw)
8. All students have unique abilities they can develop to enrich the world. (Find your Voice)
9. Lifelong learners apply knowledge and skills to keep pace with rapidly changing technology.
10. Students should serve as environmental stewards for a sustainable future.