Buncombe County Child Nutrition is now accepting meal payments online. Our online payment plan will make it more convenient to pay for your child's school meals – and a single transaction can be divided among your children. Another feature is the ability for parents to review what their child is purchasing each day.
Step 1: Create your Parent Account
- First you must have the following information: Your child's NCWise number - This is not their social security number - it is your child's 6 digit school ID number. It can be found on your child's report card or the number can be obtained from your child's school/teacher.
- You must have a personal email account to receive confirmation after payments are processed.
- Next: Go to lunchprepay.com. Create a new Parent Account. Enter your information along with your child/children's student information into the system. Please be aware that there is an annual service fee of $10 per parent account. This is not a per child fee – it will cover all the children in your household.
Once you receive notification that your student information has been verified, you may begin making on-line payments.
- Your student information must be verified before you can begin making payments. It will take at least one business day for the system to verify your child's information. You will receive notification by email, or you may check the Lunchprepay website on the following business day. (If you create an account on Friday, you will receive notification on Monday.)
Step 2: Making On-line Payments
- Enter the amount of money you would like to place on your child's account. You may divide your payment between any or all the children listed on your account. Provide the requested information for the credit card you will be using. Be sure to give the billing address for your credit card rather than your physical address.
- Click [SUBMIT] to process the transaction.
- You will receive a transaction number when your transaction is complete. Write this number down. It is the only way your transaction can be traced in the event a problem has occurred.
- A confirmation will also be sent by email.
There is a transaction fee of 3% for each on-line payment. Just as there is a transaction fee when using an ATM outside your bank's circle of friends, there is a processing fee when using this payment system. Buncombe County does not receive any portion of these fees. They are assessed by the service providers for the processing costs of this convenience.
How the Payments are Credited to Student Accounts
There is a time delay between when you enter your transaction and when the funds are actually posted to your child's account.
Each morning and evening - Monday thru Thursday-our system will verify new student account information and process credits to student accounts. Transactions made on Friday, Saturday and Sunday are processed on Monday mornings.
Who to contact
If you have a problem with an online transaction you should contact our third party vendor. You may contact them by clicking the Contact Us button on the lunch prepay website or you may call their offices between 8 and 5 M-F at 1-800-541-8999.
For additional assistance contact Child Nutrition
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write to USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington DC 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.